Parent participation in VRTEC ŠENTVID is very important. There are several different types of cooperation, some are listed here:
- Individual talks with pre-school teachers before a child’s enrolment and his/her presence in the play-group during the settling-in period.
- Daily exchange of information about the child.
- Monthly open hours for in-depth discussions about the child.
- Parents’ participation in the play-room (assistance, sharing of individual talents and interests; accompanying children and teachers on excursions…).
- Written information about the current focus of the curriculum in the play-group – shown on the notice board – and ideas for continuing and extending learning at home.
- Parental meetings within the play-group.
- Parental meetings before a child’s enrolment.
- Lectures, discussions and workshops with psychologists and other child specialists.
- Joint celebrations, events, workshops for staff, parents and children.
Parents can also participate through the ‘board of parents’, which consists of a one-parent representative from each group. Involvement in the board ofparents means playing an active part in the decision-making process at the nursery.
The tasks of the board are…
- proposing of and giving consent to extra programs
- approving the annual work plan and a plan of development
- dealing with complaints
- voting representatives onto the nursery council.